Friday, January 14, 2011

Occupations

After the long vacation finally we are back in school! As the first week of the new semester was a kind of an introduction, I feel free to start with a topic which I had chosen...
I wanted to focus on occupations and aimed to introduce some of them incuding a touch to the main activities these jobs cover. I begun with explaining what an occupation is, then moved to definitions of specific jobs such as driver, teacher, mechanic, cook, butcher...and so on. Before showing the occupation cards, I explained and acted (for the little kids this way was better but for older ones I prefered to interact verbally) the job and then let them quess it.

Second step was time for them to act&imitate the occupations of which picture I showed one by one. I finished the activity by turning round the tasks; that is the kids picked the pictures and described&acted them and the rest tried to quess the occupation. After the activity I asked what they want to be in the future: some answers were funny such as 'brother', 'father' and some stated that they haven't got any plans yet... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment